Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Arizona Winter



Yeah, not so bad. Reading about sub-artic temps in the northern half of the country, as I water my peas and carrots! In my a-shirt! ha! It only reached 73 degrees today...

Oh man, God bless Arizona. Is there a better place in the world for a Victory Garden? I think not!

Here's a pic of my son, with a fresh orange. Great orange crop this year, no freezes to ruin 'em.

I just finished mulching my baby trees, with newspaper. Probably should have done that last summer for the grapefruit tree, live and learn. The picture is pre-mulching. Over the winter I went nuts at Moon Valley half-price tree sale, and got the rest of the orchard: peach, two apples, plum, apricot/plum, lemon, almond, nectarine, fig, and pomegranate.

Also, got some bareroot fruits, which are already greening up after only a few days in the ground: 3 raspberries, 3 boyzenberries, 1 blue berry, 1 blackberry. And oh yeah, two grapes, one green and one red.

No comments:

Post a Comment